Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Field Trip Planning

I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow night, so I need to go to the Woolie Ewe to get a gift certificate for a present. This has the added advantage of getting to go to the Woolie Ewe. My stash is pathetically underweight, and it's being pushed around by everyone else's stash. We're not gonna take it anymore. Of course, there's the risk that I'll have a terrible financial accident at the alpaca shelf if I go alone, but I might just have to face that peril.

I've noticed that all the pictures I've posted to Ravelry on the Flikr account are really dark. I know I sort of spend my computer and study time in a dark little hole of a room, but you'd think flash photography would be able to get around that. I think I need to spend more time in the room with the skylight. Or maybe I really just need to leave the house more.

The striped socks sort of progress apace, but for some reason I've discovered that every time I knit with anything Lion Brand I aggravate my hand problems. I'm sure it's my inner yarn snob causing this. Meanwhile, I knit all the way through Countdown last night (Daily Show is in vacation mode) and I still haven't finished these dratted socks.

I need to get onto the purple tank top and just finish it. It's going to take about an hour, and then I'd be done. Why can't I just do it?

Speaking of things I can't seem to just do, add cleaning my office room. I cleared things away after I took the bar, and the desk is under about a foot of crap again. I need to clear bookshelves to box useful stuff up to take to my actual office when it's ready. I need to find my desktop. I can't get started. The closer I get to grade release, the less I want to do in here. I'm having school nightmares again, too. I just want to know whether I'm holing back up in here and studying for another two months or signing a contract on office space and getting down with the painting and planning.

No comments: