Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Finished First Shawl



Yeah, long time no post. I think I'm trying to keep up with too many things. But I had to post here that I finally blocked the Luna Moth shawl.

It's pretty on the blocking board, although you will note that there is a really nasty unraveling thing going on about a third of the way up from the bottom point.



It looks really pretty on, though. There really is some kind of magic to blocking lace. This thing went from looking like a giant green vaguely hairy-looking scrotum to a real shawl. I've actually worn it a couple of times with a nice shawl pin, and I keep looking at it and going, "I made this?" I now understand why the Yarn Harlot talks about finishing a project and wanting to run out into the street with it and inflict the wonder of it on passers-by. This thing is amazing to me.

3 comments:

Folly Cove Fiber Freaks said...

Congratulations!
And that feeling you have from finishing your first shawl? It keeps happening (to some degree) with each project. Neat, huh?
Welcome to the tribe,
Leslie

Taueret said...

that is gorgeous. I have a half-finished Luna Moth OTN and you are making me feel like getting stuck back into it. reeeally lovely. congrats!

The Frizzy Hooker said...

Congrats. I looks wonderful